The following news is taken from Unicornbooty blog:
POSTED BY KEVIN FARRELL ON OCT 28, 2011 – It looks like the bully caught on tape beating a gay student into a concussed puddle at Union-Scioto High School in Chillicothe, Ohio isn’t going to get away with just a three day suspension after all. The Chillicothe Gazettereports that criminal charges are to be brought against him today.
“While the sheriff’s office continues to investigate the motive, Ross County Prosecutor Matt Schmidt said his office is evaluating whether to file an assault or felonious assault charge.
“What people are failing to understand is there isn’t an Ohio law to enhance it (if the assault was motivated by the victim’s sexuality),” Schmidt said.
There is a federal hate crime law, he added, but the federal district attorney would have to file the charge, and Collins could approach him about it. He also said he has not heard from Collins or her son, but certainly is willing to listen to them if they want to talk with him. Schmidt anticipates filing the charge from his office today.
- County Prosecutor Anticipates Filing Assault Charge Today Over Classroom Beating of Gay Ohio Teen: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Attack On Gay Ohio Teen Captured On Video, Posted To Facebook (queerty.com)
- What Does It Take to Get Expelled From Union-Scioto High School? (slog.thestranger.com)
- School Discipline Revisited In Ohio Cellphone Video Bullying Case (lezgetreal.com)
- Stop Hate Crimes! (cnhspawprint.wordpress.com)
- FBI Investigating Ohio Amish Community For Hate Crimes (pinkbananaworld.com)
- High School Gay Basher In Chillicothe May Receive Harsher Punishment (towleroad.com)
- Mother Of Ohio Gay Teen Assault Victim Calls Attack A Hate Crime (lezgetreal.com)
- [VIDEO] Bully Caught On Camera Beating Gay Classmate While Officials Do Nothing (practikel.com)
- Conceptual Development of Pink Borneo (pinkborneo.wordpress.com)