This week, Pink Borneo is to focus on awareness of ‘calling’ my people from Sabah pertaining Spirit Day 20/10/2011 that we have translated to Kadazandusun language: Tadau do Sunduvan – Spirit Day 20th October 2011! I am hoping, my Sabahan LGBT community realizes how lucky we are in this land, to really ponder and feel the pain out there; then to think what we can do to to show at least a little support, for there are too many cases happened out there! Our voice is needed!
Let us lit up even just like little candles that shines in the darkness, when we gathered together, let the warm turned to heat then fire! Let us be fire-up to stand for equal rights!
Courtesy to UnicornBooty
- Why Facebook, Yahoo & others are celebrating LGBT Spirit Day (venturebeat.com)
- Wear Purple to Support LGBT & Bullying on Spirit Day (997now.radio.com)
- Facebook’s Going a Little Gay for Spirit Day (mashable.com)
- Why Did GLAAD Pick Purple As The Color To Wear For Spirit Day? (queerty.com)
- Gay Canadian teen Jamie Hubley documents final months of his life before killing himself in Ottawa (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Gay teen was bullied before suicide, says father (ctv.ca)
- Hubley’s Dad: ‘Bullying Was A Factor, But Not The Reason Jamie Committed Suicide’ (queerty.com)
- What You Need To Know About Bullying (huffingtonpost.com)