Welcome to Pink Borneo! Thank you for visiting our blog website, this website is managed by Pink Borneo. By utilizing this wonder method, we are going to liaise with you by regularly update the entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. You are also welcome to leave comments and even messages with each other here.
Pink Borneo is a LGBT (Lesbians , Gays , Bisexual & Trans-gender) team from Borneo Sabah, Malaysia; who are concerned at the lack of a Travel Directory that lists gay and lesbian owned and operated accommodation and so on information.
Pink Borneo is also proudly providing customized holidays for LGBT travellers who want to have an educational journey in Sabah, Malaysia Borneo. We design holiday to have close encounters with the local people’s traditions and cultures Sabah.
It’s our aim be become part of “sustainable & responsible tourism in Sabah Borneo” and thus it is Pink Borneo’s mission to promote ResponsibleTourism in Sabah, Malaysian Borneo where our holiday packages provide visitors with opportunities to explore and re-discover nature at its best and experience Sabah’s rich traditions and cultures without compromising the their qualities to the LGBT community who are visiting Sabah Borneo, Malaysia.
With the knowledge that we have studied up on the destinations, plus the precious experiences of where to go, to do or not to do, to give you a peace of mind to come to Sabah for your honeymoon, or getaway, business trip and so on.
With the development in politics, economy, technology and socio-culture, the concept of ‘DINK’ family has become a common phenomenon. DINK stands for ‘Dual Income No Kids’; this definition also encompasses singles, couples and small group of adults.
The ‘PINK’ concept is derived from the definition of ‘DINK’ which describes the GLBT community who seeks for non-discriminatory services particularly the ones related to travel and consumer goods. The economic power of this community establishes GLBT individuals as a valuable part of the common society.
Increased income, improved living condition and acceptance of society will provide strong conditions for the emergence of PINK families and this new kind of family is expected to be very common in the future as more GLBT people become parents.
Based on GLBT global research study by Out Now, the travel pattern of PINK travellers remains resilient despite the global recession. Factors influencing such travel pattern include:
- Growth in GLBT honeymoons market as more GLBT enter into civil partnerships and equal marriages.
- GLBT travel destinations preferred tend to be long-haul for many.
- GLBT travel to fulfil specific interests such as diving, golfing, visiting historical landmarks, experiencing new culture, etc.
- GLBT market represents all ages; young adult, professional, middle-age and retired.
- GLBT are generally adventurous and well educated; they enjoy nature-based activities.
- World-class protected Forest Reserves such as Maliau Basin (The Lost World), Danum Valley Research Centre, Tabin Wildlife Reserve, Deramakot Forest Reserve, Crocker Range National Park, Kinabatangan Segama Wetlands, Kinabalu National Park, Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary, Imbak Canyon Conservation Area, Kulamba Wildlife Reserve, etc.
- Marine Sanctuaries such as Turtle Islands National Park, Sugud Islands Marine Conservation Area, Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park, Pulau Tiga National Park, Tun Sakaran Marine Park, Sipadan Island, Mantanani Islands, etc.
- Fascinating landscapes where all the three highest mountains in Malaysia are located in Sabah; Mount Kinabalu (4093m), Mount Trusmadi (2642m) and Mount Tambuyukon (2579m).
- Pristine islands with white sandy beaches and amazing wonders of the underwater world such as Layang Layang, Mabul, Kapalai, Mataking, (Boheydulang, Mantabuan, Sibuan, Maiga, Selakan, Sebangkat, Tetagan, Bodgaya) Gaia, Pandanan, Sibuan, Si-Amil, Bum Bum, Ligitan, Pom Pom, Timba Timba, etc.
- Friendly, warm and culturally diverse indigenous communities; with more than 30 ethic groups such as Bajau, Murut, Dusun, Rungus, Orang Sungai, etc.
- We are offering customised holidays for GLBT travellers who are looking for Authentic Sabahan Experiential Holidays in Malaysian Borneo.
Photos courtesy of: www.galtat.com.au & www.gayfriendlyholiday.com/
Click here to contact us or leave a message below should you have any further question, thank you.